Level 4 Gymnasts Earn Spots at State Championships
Gem City’s Level 4 gymnasts had a great meet season with 12 athletes qualifying to advance to the USAG Illinois State Championships. The meet will be hosted by Energym Gymnastics on March 6-8 in Dekalb, Illinois.
Advancing to State competitions is not easy. It requires that each athlete compete in a minimum of five invitational competitions throughout the season. Level 4 athletes also had to earn an all-around score of 34.0 or higher in order to qualify for State.
These athletes workout four days a week for about 11 hours. They need to be strong, but their minds need to be even stronger. Training in gymnastics often means working through times when you can’t see your progress. We’re proud of the hard work each athlete has put into their own talent and growth during the year.
Gymnastics team coaches include Jacob Huff, Hope Huff, Katelyn Dixon, Ashley Schralla, and Calvin Cookson. You can read more about Gem City’s gymnastics program and find our meet schedule here.
Level 4’s advancing to State:
- Faith Alford – 11, Clayton, IL
- Caydence Ancelet – 12, Fowler, IL
- Chloe Buhrmester – 11, Quincy, IL
- Thea Figge – 10, Quincy, IL
- Emma Fleer – 11, Mendon, IL
- Weslee John – 8, Liberty, IL
- Miranda Klingler – 12, Carthage, IL
- Kaitlyn Klusman – 11, Quincy, IL
- Claire Obert – 11, Liberty, IL
- Aubrey Pool – 13, Quincy, IL
- Olivia Slater – 9, Canton, MO
- Carrie Vance – 10, Curryville, MO