Level 4 Gymnasts Compete at State in DeKalb
Our Level 4 Gymnastics Team competed at their USAG Illinois State Championships on March 6-8 in Dekalb, Illinois. 🤸♂️ We are so proud of their accomplishments! 🎉 Thank you to the parents and friends of our athletes for making this such a great season. 👏
Keep scrolling to read 💎Gem City’s top 10 placings.
Advancing to the State Championships requires that each athlete compete in a minimum of five invitational competitions throughout the season. Level 4 athletes also had to earn an all-around score of 34.0 or higher in order to qualify for State. These athletes workout four days a week for about 11 hours.
Gymnastics team coaches include Jacob Huff, Hope Huff, Katelyn Dixon, Ashley Schralla, and Calvin Cookson. You can read more about Gem City’s gymnastics program and find our meet schedule here.
Top Ten Placings
- Claire Obert – 6th vault, 8th bars, 3rd beam, 9th floor, 5th all-around
- Miranda Klingler – 7th vault, 9th bars, 4th floor, 8th all-around
- Faith Alford – 8th beam, 9th floor, 10th all-around
- Olivia Slater – 5th bars
- Carrie Vance – 5th beam
- Aubrey Pool – 7th beam
- Weslee John – 9th beam
- Kaitlyn Klusman – 9th beam
- Emma Fleer – advanced & participated
- Chloe Buhrmester – advanced & participated
- Caydence Ancelet – advanced & participated
- Thea Figge – advanced & participated