What We’re Doing to Keep Gem City Safe
We are thrilled to be able to offer classes for Fall 2020 session! We are operating up to our allowable 50% capacity limits inside the gym, so we have fewer classes offered than usual, but we are still SO excited to get back to it!
The biggest changes you’ll see this fall are:
- Recreational class sizes are being reduced to a maximum of six students per one teacher.
- No chaperones will be allowed inside the gym for athletes ages six and older UNLESS they are attending a private lesson. You must escort your child to the front door and be waiting for them outside after class. We will have a staff member helping athletes into the gym and getting athletes to their classes the first week.
- Athletes ages five and younger can have ONE chaperone to escort them to class and stay to watch the class. No other children or adults will be allowed in so that we can keep our capacity numbers lower.
- Athletes will not be allowed to wear a face mask while in class. Masks bring a risks of falling over the eyes and inhibiting breathing while training.
- All athletes will be required to go directly to the restroom and wash their hands with soap and water before AND after class. We will also not be using the water fountain, so make sure to bring a water bottle with you or your athlete can purchase a water for $1 in our Pro Shop.
- Class registrations will be done solely over the phone. Registration form and fall tuition will be due the first week of class in order to attend class. We will provide you with a link to the registration form to print at home to have ready to hand in your first day of class.
- We are offering recreational classes during the day (Tuesday and Friday) to try and spread out our attendance. We highly encourage anyone homeschooling or e-learning to attend a daytime class. Unlike after school hours when we will have multiple classes in progress, these times offered are very low traffic times and will be the only class happening at that time.
Other offerings this Fall:
- Birthday parties are happening and we are still taking reservations!
- Preschool Playtime meets every Wednesday, 9:30-11:30am, for kids age six and under. Info available here.
- We are doing private lessons for the fall session.