Tumblers to compete at Nationals in Rochester, Minnesota
Gem City has 17 athletes, out of the 29 that qualified at State, advancing on to United States Trampoline & Tumbling Association (USTA) National Championships. It’ll be held in Rochester, Minnesota on June 14-19.
Each athlete competed in 2-5 invitational competitions and USTA State in order to qualify for Nationals. This unprecedented season began in January, and Nationals will cap off a full season for this crew. Each athlete trains 1-3 days a week, and most also attend private lessons on top of attending practice. We are proud of this group, and we can’t wait see the results this June! Advanced level athletes will have to compete in prelims to qualify to advance to finals their second day, but every other level will be competing once to claim their title.
Athletes earned their spot at Nationals by placing in the top 15 spots at State earlier this season. You can read about State here.
Tumbling team coaches are Zeke Cernea, Laci Heller, Anne Nash, and Lydia Schrand. You can read more about Gem City’s tumbling program here.
Athletes Advancing to USTA Nationals
- Ashlyn Akerson, 15, Palmyra
- Ruby Akerson, 13, Palmyra
- Dorothy Boehmer, 11, Pittsfield
- Aubrey Cress-Grote, 12, Quincy
- Lauryn George, 8, Quincy
- Lydia George, 8, Quincy
- Laken Hudnut, 13, Williamstown
- Nyla Joiner, 15, Monroe City
- Ellie Lithila, 10, Quincy
- MaryKate McReynolds, 13, Canton
- Josey Miller, 16, Winchester
- Morgan Mueller, 9, Quincy
- Mae Pittman, 10, Quincy
- Sophia Slater, 12, Canton
- Millie Stewart, 11, Palmyra
- Ellisyn Stratman, 9, Quincy
- Madilynn Wiseman, 8, Shelbyville