Tumblers Heading to Nationals in Florida
Gem City has 17 athletes advancing to the United States Trampoline & Tumbling Association’s (USTA) National Championships in Lakeland, Florida, on June 13-18. A total of 28 Gem City tumblers qualified at the Southern Illinois State Championships on April 24.
We’re proud of all the hard work Gem City’s athletes put into training and competition!
Athletes on the tumbling team competed in up to six invitational meets this season. They practice 1-3 times per week for two hours each practice. They are coached by Zeke Cernea, Laci Heller, Anne Nash, and Lydia Schrand. Read more about the Gem City’s tumbling team here.
Tumblers Competing at Nationals:
- Ashlyn Akerson, 16, Palmyra, MO
- Ruby Akerson, 14, Palmyra, MO
- Sierra Bergman, 14, Quincy, IL
- Naomi Bliven, 10, Quincy, IL
- Dorothy Boehmer, 12, Pittsfield, IL
- Mia Fojtik, 13, Keokuk, IA
- Madalyn Gibbs, 15, Plainville, IL
- Khloee Hinton, 18, Hannibal, MO
- Henry Keppner, 7, Hannibal, MO
- Alaina Nichols, 9, Quincy, IL
- Hannah Russell, 10, Quincy, IL
- Isabella Slater, 8, Canton, MO
- Sophia Slater, 13, Canton, MO
- Ellisyn Stratman, 10, Quincy, IL
- Ella Wietholder, 7, Liberty, IL
- Madilynn Wiseman, 9, Shelbyville, MO
- Ryli Zahringer, 10, Bethel, MO